Sunday, June 24, 2012

Me, Bangladesh, and Morning

After a whole lot of tug and war, I decided to come back to Bangladesh. This country must have put its spell on me ;-) Well, I could not really explain why I should be here. I just knew that I would regret if I didn't take the opportunity. So long story short, here I am now, back in the middle of Dhaka mega-city!

As one of the most urbanized city in the world Dhaka is overwhelmed by the rapid increase of its inhabitants, and so the most common residential place are vertical buildings. I am no different, I too live in one of those kind of buildings. Last year I was lucky enough to have been provided a place in an old residential area where the neighborhood is relatively quiet and green, with the streets shaded by tall trees. So every morning I was awaken by the the chirping of the birds outside and the falling sun-rays right on my bed! This time though, I didn't expect much because I know that the area I would be living is relatively new and more crowded. And so I also did not expect that my morning would be as lovely as before..

As anticipated, my apartment building is nothing but an ugly building, squeezed in between other ugly buildings, facing a plain road without pavements or green lush trees to spoil the eyes. Buuut, I've got the loveliest room I've ever imagined, with a comfortable chair on the corner where I can crouch reading my book or just relaxing, or.. enjoying my morning! :)

Yah, it's true, my morning here has always been so nice! No trees outside, true, but birds do chirp still and I can even see them jumping cheerfully from one edge of a window to the others. And since morning has always been my best time of the day, I could not be more thankful. I just feel so blessed..


Ps: I think I exaggerated the ugliness of the building ;p No, it's just a normal building, and my apartment is even quite nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^