So, finally today is the end of my new year holiday. The holiday itself was really great since I spent it by travelling to a small town in the middle of Japan, Watarai, and had a very traditional Japanese new year celebration there. I am grateful for Rumi who invited me to go back home there with her and kindly let me stay in her house, and also for her really welcoming friends and family. I will write about that later, and now I would rather write about what happened to me today
Knowing that my deadline for research proposal is approaching but still didn't want to miss the big sale here in Japan (What a rich country and people! I am still amazed by how lines and lines of people were everywhere in the shops, waiting to get their chosen stuffs paid.. As for me, my budget still couldn't meet what were written on the tags..), I decided to spend yesterday by going to shopping mall and went back quite late only to waste my time chatting and browsing..
Therefore I decided that TODAY I have to read and read and read and have something typed to show to my sensei tomorrow. Along the way to school I have imagined that my lab would be empty, there would be only me, and that I would be able to work peacefully. But unfortunately, some of my friends were here the whole afternoon (Well, I came quite late already.. Shame on me!!) and slowly the peaceful afternoon I've imagined began to fade as they started to chat with me.. Not so long came one of the sensei, and then that sensei started to discuss a research plan with one of my friend. I was quite sure at that point that I had to say bye to my peaceful afternoon. Not that I don't like my lab mates' or my sensei's company, but I really needed to concentrate, and concentrate, and concentrate, and have something typed on the blank sheet of my word document :D
Hmmpphh.. Very often unexpected things come to our life, either good or bad. If it is a good thing then it would be very easy to just accept it. But if it is not so good.. All we can do at those moments is only to accept happily and try to make the best of it. Don't you think so? Otherwise we will be complainers all the time.. So for me today, trying to make the best of it means chatting with my online friends, browsing, and facebooking ;p Huff, another wasted day!! (But I always enjoy doing those things. So it was a nice-wasted day, haha.. )
And now, the sensei was already gone, and so were my friends.. Left alone in this empty lab, somehow I feel empty too, and I miss their company!! Haha, what a shameful human being, not wanting what she has and wanting what she has not!!
Anyway, I have to continue reading and typing. So again, happy new year everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^