Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year of Dragon!!

Wowow, time really flies.. It seems like it was just yesterday the last time I wrote about this lunar new year thing. The year of rabbit had been so good to me, and I really cherished each and every moment that came my way. I don't remember celebrating it last year, but this time I had the opportunity to welcome the dragon with some Malaysian friends who happened to organized a reunion dinner at my dorm. Having been a good friend of one of those Malaysians had landed me on a big feast featuring one of my favorite dish these days, nabe!! Yay!!
I sooo love nabe, it's just sooo appropriate for a cold winter like this. And it was even better because they also served kimchi nabe, hot (as in th opposite of cold) and hot (as in seasoned with chili). One word to describe: AWESOME! :D

I think the event yesterday didn't need anymore words to describe so I will just post the pictures.. Enjoy!

Malaysian tradition, a mixed of lobster and other stuffs..

..that is supposed to be scooped with chopstick and held as high as possible..
(picture showing people ready to attack the losbter)

..and here is how you do it!! :)

And this is the nabe, isn't it awesome? :)

Cheers for a good life in a new year!

And, Chinese gathering is incomplete without this, card-playing!! 

So how was your celebration? I wish you a fulfilling life on this year of dragon!

PS: I am sure you don't know and that's why I so want to let you know, that this is my 100th post here!! Yeay!! 

PPS: Since today is the beginning of my last 2 months in Japan, I decided to keep the diary of my last 60 days in Japan. I will try to post here a picture or anything that becomes the highlight for each particular day. I am so excited about this project! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^