Friday, October 5, 2012

Of exercising and being creative

Pheww, my belly has been growing progressively for the past few days as the result of continuous sleeping-sitting-eating cycle during my field visit to Barisal. Well, of course I and my co-workers were also kept busy doing our work as well, which involved daily visit to several sites in Barisal. The visit part was hard, because it's been soooo hot and humid in Barisal that we got exhausted easily. But on the sidelines, every now and then the community people would serve us chai and snacks. And then when we got back to the hotel and sat to continue working with the transcription, we would order chai and cups of chai, and dal-puri, or singara,  or fuska. All have been contributing to the enlarged waist line :D

So, after coming back to Dhaka I want to really start doing the exercise I've been planning since looong time ago. There are 3 things I love and used to do: swimming, running and cycling. Thing is, in Dhaka it's almost impossible to do all of them. To swim in a good place we will need to go to the expat clubs which usually require membership or a member tagging us along. Problem is, as far as I know there is no Indonesian club (even if there is one, I am not sure whether they will have a swimming pool ;p) in Dhaka, and I am not sure whether I would be able to get any membership in those clubs. Have I tried to get it? Well, I don't even feel like it just to try after hearing from friends that it can be a lot of hassle, even for their own citizens! But maybe I should. Who knows, right? ;p

To run? Well, there are some parks in nearby areas where we can actually jog. But the lazy me just too lazy to go there ;). How about in the neighborhood? Excuse is, there is nothing really like a jogging track. So if I want to run I will need to do it on the road, competing with cars and rickshaws and CNGs :D Another excuse: people would stare at me if I go out on the street wearing shorts. The solution would be running in long jogging pants (which is so unthinkable in this hot weather) or doing it early in the morning. And to cycle? Hmm, again the thought of competing with other vehicles in the congested road really makes me think twice..

Sooo, I need to think of the alternatives now. Maybe yoga? Hmm..

Well, let me give time to my brain to think about the options, meanwhile I want to talk about another thing. Recently I browsed through some websites on DIY (Do It Yourself), and those websites are really inspiring. Here are some of them:

1. http://www.whimsy-love.com
2. http://savedbylovecreations.com/2012/02/50-mason-jar-decor-ideas.html
3. http://pinterest.com/wobisobi/wobisobi-diy/

Ohh I am so doing them!! :)

And here are some favorite pictures from Barisal:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^