Just yesterday, I saw a picture post by a friend from our trip last summer. I smiled as the memories from the trip flooded my mind. Owh, it was one of the most fun trips I ever had!! Yah true, one of the most fun trips.. Because I just realized that I had so many fun trips in the past, and I haven't really shared them here. So I decided that I will recall each trip and write it down, at least for me to savor again the fun I had in the past :)
And now I want to start with one of my earliest trip in Japan, to Kamakura and Yokohama. Both places are located in Kanagawa prefecture, just next to Tokyo. The first was the capital of Japan during Kamakura period, and the later is the second largest city in Japan in terms of population and is the capital of Kanagawa prefecture. As a capital city in the past, Kamakura is rich of cultural heritage, especially old buildings, shrines and temples. Quite a number of them are scattered within the area, and so strolling around Kamakura is really fun. There you can also find typical touristic Japanese style shopping areas (which I always found really enjoyable), and also a beach!
During my stay in Japan I went there twice, and I think I will write another post about the second trip later. On my first trip I went with 4 other friends I just met several weeks earlier in a church in Tokyo. They are also Indonesians, and I bonded well with them right away that they've become my important networks during my Tokyo-time. Anyways, we arrived quite late in Kamakura because the weather forecast for that day said it was gonna rain all day that we almost canceled the trip. Lucky us the forecast was proven wrong. We got there by train and we toured the place on foot. Unfortunately, because of the limited time we could only visit several places :(
The three of the girls studied in Yokohama University and so that day we stayed over night in their dorm to continue our fun the next day in Yokohama. As a large city Yokohama offers many attractions, including a theme park with giant Ferris wheel, Yokohama port opening Memorial Hall, Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Yokohama China town, Sankei-en garden, Landmark Tower, many museums.. and Nissan Stadium!!
Yap, the girls except me are all crazy about football!! And so they didn't want to go anywhere else other than Nissan stadium, where the final match of World Cup 2002 between Brazil and Germany took place. There you can actually go inside the stadium, but it was closed when we were there. But of course, we could still satisfied our narcissism by taking looots of pictures outside the stadium ;p
What attracted our attention was this monument in front of the stadium, showing the flags of the two World Cup finalists, the names of both team members, and the palmprint of Oliver Kahn the captain of German team and also the footprint of Cafu the captain of Brazilian team.
Fortunately all of us looove ramen that we all agreed to go to Shin-Yokohama ramen museum before heading to the stadium. The interior of the museum was built resembling several eras of past Japan and so it was quite interesting. There were many shops selling different kinds of ramen as well so we could satisfy our crave for ramen :D
So that's the story of the Kamakura-Yokohama trip, till the next trip-story! :)
PS: Photos are courtesy of Kak Mona Sinaga and for more pictures feel free to browse my Captured!
And now I want to start with one of my earliest trip in Japan, to Kamakura and Yokohama. Both places are located in Kanagawa prefecture, just next to Tokyo. The first was the capital of Japan during Kamakura period, and the later is the second largest city in Japan in terms of population and is the capital of Kanagawa prefecture. As a capital city in the past, Kamakura is rich of cultural heritage, especially old buildings, shrines and temples. Quite a number of them are scattered within the area, and so strolling around Kamakura is really fun. There you can also find typical touristic Japanese style shopping areas (which I always found really enjoyable), and also a beach!
During my stay in Japan I went there twice, and I think I will write another post about the second trip later. On my first trip I went with 4 other friends I just met several weeks earlier in a church in Tokyo. They are also Indonesians, and I bonded well with them right away that they've become my important networks during my Tokyo-time. Anyways, we arrived quite late in Kamakura because the weather forecast for that day said it was gonna rain all day that we almost canceled the trip. Lucky us the forecast was proven wrong. We got there by train and we toured the place on foot. Unfortunately, because of the limited time we could only visit several places :(
The great Buddha of Kamakura inside Kotoku-in temple
Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu
Ending the day with ramen! :)
The three of the girls studied in Yokohama University and so that day we stayed over night in their dorm to continue our fun the next day in Yokohama. As a large city Yokohama offers many attractions, including a theme park with giant Ferris wheel, Yokohama port opening Memorial Hall, Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Yokohama China town, Sankei-en garden, Landmark Tower, many museums.. and Nissan Stadium!!
Yap, the girls except me are all crazy about football!! And so they didn't want to go anywhere else other than Nissan stadium, where the final match of World Cup 2002 between Brazil and Germany took place. There you can actually go inside the stadium, but it was closed when we were there. But of course, we could still satisfied our narcissism by taking looots of pictures outside the stadium ;p
What attracted our attention was this monument in front of the stadium, showing the flags of the two World Cup finalists, the names of both team members, and the palmprint of Oliver Kahn the captain of German team and also the footprint of Cafu the captain of Brazilian team.
Fortunately all of us looove ramen that we all agreed to go to Shin-Yokohama ramen museum before heading to the stadium. The interior of the museum was built resembling several eras of past Japan and so it was quite interesting. There were many shops selling different kinds of ramen as well so we could satisfy our crave for ramen :D
So that's the story of the Kamakura-Yokohama trip, till the next trip-story! :)
PS: Photos are courtesy of Kak Mona Sinaga and for more pictures feel free to browse my Captured!





























Aaaakh Jepang. Semoga kesampaian trip disana *mupeng tingkat tinggi.
ReplyDeleteBisa, bisa, pake Air Asia sekarang lebih terjangkau :D
Delete