It feels like yesterday when I was Christmas-caroling with other TUCers in Omotesando. But clearly the calendar shows it has been a year since. And here I am now, in a totally different place in a different part of the world. A place where I never imagined I will end up in.
Talking about Christmas, actually both Japan and Bangladesh are similar in a way that there are less than 5% of the total population who technically celebrate it. In Japan however, Christmas is a subject of commercialization that even since November we can already enjoy Christmas illumination and decoration everywhere. Plus, every department store always beautify themselves in the most appropriate manner in order to attract the customers. And so, though not necessarily has any religious content, "Christmas spirit" is in the air.
Bangladesh on the contrary, doesn't have this "Christmas spirit" at all, however fake it is. And so, it was not until I copied Christmas songs from a friend few weeks ago and started to play them non-stop both at home and in the office that I began to "feel" Christmasy. Even today, if I didn't look at my calendar I would not know it's Christmas eve already.
But I guess, feeling Christmasy or not it's not really important, right? (secretly comforting myself *wink wink*). What's more important is the meaning of Christmas itself, that is love coming to the world to reconcile men with God and thus bring peace on earth, right? (*wink wink*)
Today I write this post just to express how grateful I am for the love from above that always surrounds me. I am so thankful for all the blessings and joy it brings, for the hope it gives, and for the peace it always guarantees.. And of course I write this to also wish you a merry Christmas :) Hope the love that is within you always shines, not only for you but also for the people around you. And if you don't have that love yet, I hope you would open the door of your heart and receive that love.
Merry Christmas!
Talking about Christmas, actually both Japan and Bangladesh are similar in a way that there are less than 5% of the total population who technically celebrate it. In Japan however, Christmas is a subject of commercialization that even since November we can already enjoy Christmas illumination and decoration everywhere. Plus, every department store always beautify themselves in the most appropriate manner in order to attract the customers. And so, though not necessarily has any religious content, "Christmas spirit" is in the air.
Bangladesh on the contrary, doesn't have this "Christmas spirit" at all, however fake it is. And so, it was not until I copied Christmas songs from a friend few weeks ago and started to play them non-stop both at home and in the office that I began to "feel" Christmasy. Even today, if I didn't look at my calendar I would not know it's Christmas eve already.
But I guess, feeling Christmasy or not it's not really important, right? (secretly comforting myself *wink wink*). What's more important is the meaning of Christmas itself, that is love coming to the world to reconcile men with God and thus bring peace on earth, right? (*wink wink*)
Today I write this post just to express how grateful I am for the love from above that always surrounds me. I am so thankful for all the blessings and joy it brings, for the hope it gives, and for the peace it always guarantees.. And of course I write this to also wish you a merry Christmas :) Hope the love that is within you always shines, not only for you but also for the people around you. And if you don't have that love yet, I hope you would open the door of your heart and receive that love.
Merry Christmas!

merry christmas and happy holidays yaaa
ReplyDelete