Around six months ago, someone said to me to have faith. I thought that it was beautiful, since I didn't expect that person to say that given the fact and the situation. And faith itself is such a beautiful word. Hebrew 11:11 says about it, " Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see". Quite encouraging and comforting, isn't it? And now that faith is confidence in what we hope for, what is hope then? I recall an article from Henri Nouwen which talks about hope. It says there..
All the great spiritual leaders in history were people of hope. Abraham, Moses, Ruth, Mary, Jesus, Rumi, Gandhi, and Dorothy Day all lived with a promise in their hearts that guided them toward the future without the need to know exactly what it would look like. Let's live with hope."
"Optimism
and hope are radically different attitudes. Optimism is the expectation
that things-the weather, human relationships, the economy, the
political situation, and so on-will get better. Hope is the trust that
God will fulfill God's promises to us in a way that leads us to true
freedom. The optimist speaks about concrete changes in the future. The
person of hope lives in the moment with the knowledge and trust that all
of life is in good hands.
All the great spiritual leaders in history were people of hope. Abraham, Moses, Ruth, Mary, Jesus, Rumi, Gandhi, and Dorothy Day all lived with a promise in their hearts that guided them toward the future without the need to know exactly what it would look like. Let's live with hope."
Six months has passed, and I wonder whether it is worth it to keep my faith at all even though deep down in my heart I know that it is. I am not going to pretend that sometimes I lost hope and that my faith was shaken. But during those low times too, I felt like through so many things God wanted to remind me to keep the faith and hope. Like through conversation with a dear friend, like through a blog post from one of my favorite bloggers, and like through this amazing view I encountered in Bagan just recently..
Double rainbows!! My heart was filled with warmth as I witnessed this and recalled that in the bible rainbow is the sign of God's covenant. I will trust that our lives are in good hands, I want to have faith!

You're a blessing, Fina-san! If even we - poor imperfect mortals - all love you so much, I can't even grasp how much God must love you!
ReplyDeleteSo rest assured! I am sure your life is in the best hands. ;)
Miss you, girl!!