As for God, His way is perfect! Psalm 18:30
Let God choose for you, it will be the right decision.
Let God guide you, it will be the right direction.
Let God plan for you, it will be in the right timing.
Let God measure for you, it will be the right portion.
Let God help you, it will be the right care.
Let God instruct you, it will be the right teaching.
Let God prepare you, it will be the right training.
Let God counsel you, it will be the right perspective.
Let God fight for you, it will be the right outcome.
Let God work in you, it will be the right result.
Let God guide you, it will be the right direction.
Let God plan for you, it will be in the right timing.
Let God measure for you, it will be the right portion.
Let God help you, it will be the right care.
Let God instruct you, it will be the right teaching.
Let God prepare you, it will be the right training.
Let God counsel you, it will be the right perspective.
Let God fight for you, it will be the right outcome.
Let God work in you, it will be the right result.
-Roy Lessin
I recently went through my old blogposts and randomly found this post above. Knowing that it might be beneficial to a friend, I sent it to her. In return, I got her reply which was mind-blowing. I was startled but also amazed.. Mostly because of my tendency to not think for myself and just swallow everything right away. Anyway, here is her reply, and hope it can also make you think more about God's will and our free will..
How will I know if it is God's choice and not mine? How do we put a line between God's decision and the faculty of mind that God has given us to use in order to make choices in life? How can we clearly say that it is God's choice and not ours?
If I say this is God's choice, does that mean it is totally not within my capacity to choose? Because it is purely God's and not mine?
I love Philippians 2:13, God is at work in us, and give us the power/will to act and to do for His purpose. I choose (but in my act of choosing I know that God is working in me).
Your quote got me thinking!
Happy Wednesday!
Love,
A
I recently went through my old blogposts and randomly found this post above. Knowing that it might be beneficial to a friend, I sent it to her. In return, I got her reply which was mind-blowing. I was startled but also amazed.. Mostly because of my tendency to not think for myself and just swallow everything right away. Anyway, here is her reply, and hope it can also make you think more about God's will and our free will..
Hi F,
Thank you for this! When we Christians say "let God choose for you" what does that exactly mean in practical sense?If I say this is God's choice, does that mean it is totally not within my capacity to choose? Because it is purely God's and not mine?
And if I say it is my choice (I choose it), does that mean it is purely mine and not God's choice? When do we use our mind to make decisions and still be able to say, "let God choose for me"?
A
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^