Coming home to Jogja always grant me warm feeling. Even just thinking of being there always put a smile on my face. This lovely hometown of mine really has a special place in my heart, and its image always waving me home.
What’s so special about Jogja, you may ask. Anyone may have the same sentimental feeling toward their hometown so my answer might not be that objective or sound too exaggerating that you may need to check it yourself. Nevertheless for me I’d say that it is the ambiance in the first place. It’s just lovely. I always feel relaxed, relieved, and retrieved. I don’t need to rush, I don’t feel anxious, I don’t have to yell, I’m released from all the nerves..
And I love the town itself. Its four corners are so colorful and appealing to be explored. Magnificent temples over there, stunning mountain up the north, wonderful beaches down the south, graceful palaces in the heart of the town, scattered museums..
And I love the culture and artful nuance. It’s so thick in the air that you can smell them without difficulty. They are here and there, and are not supercilious to be enjoyed.
And oh, I really love the people. They graciously offering you their smile and kindness. I can tell for the most of time that those are emerged from within the heart, and not simply fake attribute used to trick others. As the effect, you will return back the smile and kindness sincerely and without paranoia.
So why don’t you just stay in Jogja then, you may ask. I’m not quite sure why I have the passion for adventure instead of just staying in the comfort, but I have this spark within me which always persuade me to cross the border and to see beyond what is in the bracket. To keep growing for me means going out seeing the world, being exposed with the beauty of various places and cultures and people while encountering new things, gaining richer point of views and finding truth along the way. To keep growing for me means shifting the fulcrum once it is stabilized.
You might say I’m an aimless wanderer. But as it is beautifully stated in a brilliant movie, Monalisa Smile, not all who wander are aimless, especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image.. Not to defend myself, but that's exactly what I think ;p
On my journey I fell down many times and often felt tired. Sometimes I hope to have just simple dreams, being satisfied with whatever there. But somehow I realize that it is exactly the spark which keeps me going. And when I feel the need to rest, to ponder over life and find balance, I can always come home, coming home to Jogja. I can always embrace its opened-loving arms..
- Jan 7th 2010
Repost from Facebook

No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^