Saturday, May 1, 2010

When You Wish Upon A Star

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

-Pinocchio, Disney 1940

Last weekend I and a bunch of friends went to Ujung Kulon National Park, another place that proves Indonesia is really dangerously beautiful.

One of the beaches in Ujung Kulon

The whole trip is undeniable amazing, but there is one thing that's really wonderful, and that is the shooting star. Because of the many visitor during that long weekend, we didn't get a place in the motel, so we slept in the tent instead. The first night we camped in Tanjung Layar, an open area which is just so beautiful. It is surrounded by rocks on one side, and by hills on the other side. It also has an opening to the ocean which is measured up by cliffs. It is a perfect place to see sunset and a perfect camping ground. But that night I also found out that it is also a perfect place to watch the stars. I and a friend were sleeping outside because the weather was good. The night sky was full of flickering stars and I was asleep with a heart full of thankfulness for the beauty I was able to see.

The second night was even more astonishing. That night we set up our tents in Cidaon, a place where you can see the animals grassing in the clearing. Again, that night we decided to sleep outside, and this time we slept on the dock. The night sky was also full of stars, but with so many shooting stars!!! I have never seen shooting star before, so that night was really a wonderful experience. The shooting stars were flashing so fast that I each time I forgot to make a wish, too amazed by the beauty.. (Well, I don't believe in things like that, but it's just a common thing to do when you see a shooting star, right?) There were so many of them, one followed by another. In the end, I just made one wish, and that is a wish for all my dreams to be come true,hehe.. I was asleep that night under the starry sky, with the shower of shooting stars..

The day after I came back, I got several good news, and all were about the dreams I keep in my heart, the dreams I'm never tired to bring in prayer. I feel so warm in my heart; the joy indefinable.. I just wonder somehow, is it all related to the shooting star? If it so, I do really want to have the experience once again, and when the shooting star begin to flash, I will shout my wish out loud! ^^

PS: Well, I believe that everything happens according to God's will..
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"
(Ecclesiastes 3:1, KJV)

-July 23rd 2009
Repost from Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments, so don't hesitate to leave some ^^